need to cut fiberglass shower tub enclosure behind shower valve to examine and repair cause of leak.

Users who are viewing this thread

thehand2020

Reaction score

Have a Moen Shower cover plate model 1920 but it is not enough room to see and repair leak behind wall. What are options​

renderTimingPixel.png

The oversized Moen 1920 is not enough room to work nor get in to see where leak is back there.
It is a one piece shower tub fiberglass unit so most likely need to cut out one to two feet possibly to get a good look and repair leak. What are options after that to cover or repair cut out fiberglass section. THanks

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I just looked at a fiberglas tub that owner cut a hole (small 4 inch diametor) yesterday . I consulted with tub repair /refinisher he quoted me 200 dollars I thought reasonable for 42 x60 tub wth a shower beside it full refinishing including the repair was 1000 Id check with a guy that patches them . especially if its in bad shape and you arent ready to replace the tub

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
I just looked at a fiberglas tub that owner cut a hole (small 4 inch diametor) yesterday . I consulted with tub repair /refinisher he quoted me 200 dollars I thought reasonable for 42 x60 tub wth a shower beside it full refinishing including the repair was 1000 Id check with a guy that patches them . especially if its in bad shape and you arent ready to replace the tub
We've had fiberglass repaired too. 24" square cutout of the drain to replace the plastic drain to a brass no caulk. Dude repaired the base like it never happened. Way cheaper than full replacement.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks