Need to change these washing machine valves

Users who are viewing this thread

LarryinAz

Reaction score
I typically avoid plumbing work but I need to help out my Aunt who's husband recently passed away and has limited funds. One shut-off valve is leaking and one is frozen.

Are these compression style valves?

And as far as installation goes, is there any difference installing these compared to typical shut-off valves found under sinks and toilets?

These are what I was going to replace them with. Looks to be the same thing.

Also, I just logged in for the first time in a year or so and saw the news about Terry's passing. This is one of the last few useful forums on the internet. He created a great community. RIP.

2023-04-10 19_29-Photo - Google Photos — Mozilla Firefox.jpg

Last edited:

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
Looks like compression. I've never run into compression style but the difference in height btn hot and cold makes it look that way, unless it is a parallax thing.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks