Navien Tripping Breaker

Users who are viewing this thread

precision80

Reaction score
I have a 2.5yr old npe-240a2 and the breaker keeps popping. I tried another outlet (on another breaker) and it does the same. I've had intermittent breaker trips over the last year but not its happening every time I plug it in. The unit turns on, starts up, I hear some water flow then it trips.

There is a bit of corrosion on the heat exchanger, not sure if thats enough to do something.

Any suggestions/thoughts?

IMG_0501.JPG

GReynolds929

Reaction score
I had a 240A that would trip the GFCI plug when the circ pump turned on.

Sounds like there is a short somewhere. Possibly fan, or gas valve solenoids.

Reach4

Reaction score
Measure the resistance between the hot prong of the plug and the WH chassis. If it is a 3-prong plug, you could instead measure the resistance between the hot prong and the protective ground prong.

Fitter30

Reaction score
The board is protected by a 5 amp fuse pull the fuse ohm out the plug and cord should be blowing the fuse.

Last edited:

precision80

Reaction score
Plumber came today, i did not have a condensate relief installed so the condensate tank was filling up and causing the unit to shut down. One of those weird things but seems to have resolved the problem.

precision80

Reaction score
Where did tripping the breaker come from? What is a condensate relief ? Pipe to a condensate neutralizer to the floor drain.
There is a trap at the bottom of the unit that pulls out, its supposed to act as an overflow I think, but it was overflowing itself.
1712705166921.png

Bannerman

Reaction score
, its supposed to act as an overflow I think, but it was overflowing itself
Was there no condensate drain line installed at the time of installation 2.5 years ago? I can't understand how the unit would operate without one.

The unit's condensate trap is designed to overflow, directly into the condensate drain line, thereby discharging the condensate to the home's sanitary drainage system or other suitable discharge location.

When discharging condensate to metal drain pipes or other metal components, a pH neutralizer is often necessary as condensate is typically acidic and will breakdown most metals unless the pH is neutralized.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
dosent sound like the cause for tripped breaker , not real clear but it sounds like its blowing the breakers and not just gfci

Fitter30

Reaction score
Good flash lite unit only pulls 2amps 4 with a external pump. Something has to grounded or shorted. Give the boards a good look. Your nose might smell something burnt.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks