Navien NPE-210A Parameters Missing

Users who are viewing this thread

tyson600

Reaction score
When I do the '3-3-4' entry to access the parameters, the unit only shows 3 parameters. I need to access parameter 17. Why do I only have 3 parameters & where's P.17?

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
so, you are doing + button 3x and the - button 3x and then the up(+) four more times, and then when you press up button you see a number followed by __PAR and you can't roll up to higher than 3? I'd guess then, your main board or the small panel board could be bad.
They are very easy to replace...of course, I'd call Navien, but, easy for me bc I am a trained plumber.

tyson600

Reaction score
so, you are doing + button 3x and the - button 3x and then the up(+) four more times, and then when you press up button you see a number followed by __PAR and you can't roll up to higher than 3? I'd guess then, your main board or the small panel board could be bad.
They are very easy to replace...of course, I'd call Navien, but, easy for me bc I am a trained plumber.
Yes, did 3+, 3-, then 4+. The 1.tech & 2.para show up. I press + to show 2.para, then Info (?) to select 2.para. I press + to cycle through parameters, and all I have is p.1, p.2, & p.3. Never went into this menu before, so not sure if it's always been this way or if it's something new. Maybe I'll look into the boards. Thanks!

GReynolds929

Reaction score
How old is the unit? Some of the earlier models didn't have many parameter options. Might need a new PCB.

tyson600

Reaction score
How old is the unit? Some of the earlier models didn't have many parameter options. Might need a new PCB.
You would be correct. Thanks! Apparently my heater unit is pre-2016 and doesn't have the functions of models after 2015 without upgrading the front panel & PCB. Mine is a NPE-210A, while the newer models are NPE-210A2. Guess it's time to upgrade not only to a latest gen unit, but may as well bump up to the NPE-240A2. Here's a snip from communication with Navien (not the best grammar):
"The unit be from before 2016 - if that is the case you would need to update the front panel and PCB (the older programing before 2016 couldn't do it) - in order for it to work unfortunately. You can get them from the distributor."

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks