My Drake Dreams Vanish - 10 7/8" rough in.

Users who are viewing this thread

dheartglass

Reaction score
After reading thru the posts here, I had my heart set on an ADA Drake, or perhaps an EcoDrake. I excitedly ran to my toilet to measure my rough-in and sadly (it's a small bathroom), it's *almost* 11". I saw a post from Terry mentioning that the Drake needs a minimum 11 1/8" rough-in, so I guess I'm out of luck.

I know that with a 12" rough in , the drake has 1 1/8" clearance from the wall, so with my setup, the toilet would be touching the wall which can't be good, can it?

Can anyone recommend a top-rated, inexpensive Toto that will fit? I really really wanted that drake!

Thanks.

dheartglass

Reaction score
Unfortunately, from the wall.

it's a small-ish bathroom where the door swings in, and comes close enough to the toilet that i'd have to move my knees if i were sitting on the toilet. But there's plent of legroom once the door is closed. And I already made sure the drake would fit in that regard (it will).

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
To fit a 10 7/8 Rough the toilet would have to be dead on with the spec and shoe horned in. It may work but it may not. A coin flip on this one!

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
To fit a 10 7/8 Rough the toilet would have to be dead on with the spec and shoe horned in. It may work but it may not. A coin flip on this one!

The Drake may fit. The drain is a 3", and the outlet for the Drake is less than that. If the spec is correct like Redwood says, it should fit at 10-7/8"
Sometimes we slide the bolts forward a bit and cheat some space too.
It's pretty easy to gain 1/4" or so.

dheartglass

Reaction score
Okay, i'm going to go for it and see what happens. Worst case, i'll just install it in my other bathroom where there's a 12" rough. but i'm sure going to try to make to work.

Thanks for the advice. Very much appreciated.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks