More Deck Cleaning Questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
Is it advisable to clean a deck without powerwashing first? And, if you do powerwash, do you still need to use a deck cleaning product? If you do need a deck cleaning product, do you add the deck cleaner into a reservoir in the powerwasher and do both at the same time? Or, do you apply the deck cleaner in a little pump sprayer and then hose it off, perhaps with a little brushing? Is there such a thing as a small and effective electric power washer? I've got no truck to haul around a gasoline one.
Thanks,
Eric

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
There are electric pressure washers. The ones I have seen are in the 1300 PSI range. That may be enough for washing wood decks. For tougher jobs, you need a lot more PSI, and it is more practical to get that from a gasoline driven engine. An elecctric would be a big current hog.

Dalton Bourne

Reaction score
I had just spent 3 hours waxing the hull and gunwales of my boat with Star Brite deck cleaner, only for the deck to still look like a dumpster fire. I figured I was in for another hour or so just to get the deck somewhat clean. I sprayed the deck, poured a little bit on, and gently brushed, I couldn't believe it. My deck looked BRAND NEW. I think it took a total of 10 minutes to clean the entire deck. There was one small patch where I had to redo the area.

Last edited: