Moen Shower Valve Converting?

Users who are viewing this thread

Dogman61

Reaction score
Is it possible to convert my Posi-Temp valve assembly to a Moentrol, Standard or Original Moentrol type valve assembly?
Will any of those diverter valves fit or are compatible to my Posi-Temp valve assembly? Looks like trim kit screws are identical clock face positions @ (2~8) for both Posi-Temp and Moentrol. I know there is an adapter plate/kit. #145058
I'm looking to achieve the most inexpensive way to convert my NON push / pull water pressure to a push / pull type without replacing diverter assembly in the wall.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Posi-Temp takes the 1222 cartridge, the Moentrol and Chateau take the 1200 and the 1225 cartridge.
The 1222 is a totally different size and does not interchange.
You will need Posi-Temp trim for that to work with a Posi-Temp cartridge.

moen-valve-types-terrylove-01.jpg

moen-2600-terrylove-01.jpg

Moen Chateau

tl2368ep_repair_2.jpg

Moen Posi-Temp

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
In short No. There is no way to convert a Posi-Temp to a Moentrol by changing a cartridge..

Unless you know a wicked smart engineer who could print one.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks