Low water pressure cold

Users who are viewing this thread

Roberto Martinez

Reaction score
Hello,

I noticed out of nowhere my cold water in the shower had no pressure, (but there is cold water pressure throughout the house) I was told it might be the cartridge so I replaced it, still no pressure, I removed the danze cartridge and noticed the plate which the cartridge sits in has 3 holes one for hot water one for cold water, I had my son turn the water main on and noticed only the hot water shot out and not the cold, is there an easy fix for that plate or should I just replace it. Thanks in advanced

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
Are you sure you have the entire cartridge out? Sometimes the bottom half remains in the valve body. Looking inside the valve body you should see all brass. Is there a separate cold & hot water shut off or stops either attached to or built into the valve body? This is usually a cartridge problem if it has a balancing spool and it sometimes gets jammed closing off either hot or cold water.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Remove the large chrome plate and see if there is a separate piece with a slotted hex head next to the cartridge. If so, that is a balanacing spool and it is stuck. Remove it and tap it on the floor a couple of times than shake it. IF yuu fell something moving inside it, put it back in, otherwise buy a new one.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks