Lines too close for escutcheons?

Users who are viewing this thread

Daniel617

Reaction score
D957B96F-74CC-45EA-A25D-90CA1E665BE1.jpeg
36A1E884-1EC8-4514-8449-40518B8ABFDB.jpeg
Hi,
I’m installing a pedestal sink in a powder room and I’m wanting to add a couple escutcheons to the water supply pipes but they appear to be too close together to fit 2 plates. What would be a good workaround for this? Maybe get plastic ones and cut them to size?

Thanks,
Dan

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
I would look for a white melamine saucer (dinnerware) large enough to fit over all three and carefully drill the three holes.

I once took a stainless steel measuring cup and cut it to the desired depth to match a brushed nickle finish.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
You mean all during the construction phase NOBODY questioned that placement? Must have been a bunch of "that's not my job" guys.
HJ, That looks like old work. My guess is the old pedestal hid all of that and they probably crowded the angle stops so that it would get hidden.

Reach4

Reaction score
HJ, That looks like old work. My guess is the old pedestal hid all of that and they probably crowded the angle stops so that it would get hidden.
I had not been picturing that right. Yes, that makes good sense.

Maybe get plastic ones and cut them to size?
Presuming the pedestal hides the drain, that sounds like a good move. You could even cut metal, but the plastic should be very nice and easier to cut.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks