Laundry room sink

Users who are viewing this thread

Dylan Shannon

Reaction score
We built our house a couple years ago and skimped by not adding a utility sink in laundry room. I figured based on the plans and laundry location, it would be easy. Well..... they didn’t install washer and dryer where indicated in the plans...

See the photos but we essentially want to add a sink on opposite wall as the waste stack and I can’t figure out the best way to get water over to it.
I suppose I can run the sink like on outside of wall along the laundry discharge as the washer and dryer will be blocking it anyhow. Thoughts?

Would this be a good location for an AAV?
One plumber quoted me at $2,500 with me doing demo and drywall....which seems way to high.

thanks in advance.

Attachments

• B32CD8AE-C97A-4E1A-A1EE-659183FBFBBC.jpeg
    B32CD8AE-C97A-4E1A-A1EE-659183FBFBBC.jpeg
    101.5 KB · Views: 244
  • C4753403-8486-43EB-B458-6019227EEA55.jpeg
    C4753403-8486-43EB-B458-6019227EEA55.jpeg
    96 KB · Views: 227
  • D27B7C07-3F6E-4A1C-A9E0-86619AB24204.jpeg
    D27B7C07-3F6E-4A1C-A9E0-86619AB24204.jpeg
    95.5 KB · Views: 238

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
What Bozo installed the drain and water for the washer? Even a first year apprentice would do a better job than that. There is no "easy way" to do it because the drain already runs further than it should to the vent.

Reach4

Reaction score
You can do what you propose. To vent the sink, you could run the vent up to the attic and join the real venting, or put in an AAV near the sink. Use a combo (combines wye and 45 functions) and the removable AAV may be able to double as a cleanout. I am not a plumber.

The 2 inch laundry trap arm can run up to 8 ft under IPC. See the table on page 2 of https://wabo.memberclicks.net/assets/pdfs/Plumbing_Venting_Brochure_2018.pdf

Dylan Shannon

Reaction score
You can do what you propose. To vent the sink, you could run the vent up to the attic and join the real venting, or put in an AAV near the sink. Use a combo (combines wye and 45 functions) and the removable AAV may be able to double as a cleanout. I am not a plumber.

The 2 inch laundry trap arm can run up to 8 ft under IPC. See the table on page 2 of https://wabo.memberclicks.net/assets/pdfs/Plumbing_Venting_Brochure_2018.pdf
Hi and thanks for the replies. Been busy with other projects. Getting ready to tackle this one.

So based on the link you provided, a long a my sink vent within the defined distance of the trap. The distance downstream of it doesn’t matter? I ask because I will have around 13’ of horizontal distance from laundry trap to vertical stack. The laundry machine is 5 feet from vertical stack.

I plan on running vent to attic unless it’s to difficult to tie into existing vent to there.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks