Kohler K-3386 (Rialto) replacement

Users who are viewing this thread

Alan Keller

Reaction score
I have two Kohler Rialto's. My wife and I have pretty much hated them since we installed them almost 10 years ago. They look great. They flush very poorly. They clog all the time. We have a clog in one of the two of them at least every other week, if not weekly.

The fill valves have been replaced in both. The water level is higher than spec. Still no joy.

We're going to replace them both. I'm looking for advice on what will be much better flushing toilets.

We're looking for a one-piece design again. I'd prefer to find something with a lower tank height, like the Rialto, but it isn't a limitation or requirement. We can go to a standard size if we need to.

We're feeling a bit "once bitten, twice shy" with Kohler products. We're not opposed to Kohler, but we'd like to know what we're getting will work better than what we have.

So far, I'm looking at Toto Ultramax II (MS604114CEFG-01), Kohler San Souci (K-4007), or Kohler Santa Rosa (K-3810 or K-3811). I'm open to other ideas. I'd prefer not to spend more than $500.00 per toilet, but we want to do it right this time and not be replacing them again.

I'd appreciate any feedback on these choices or suggestions for other options.

Thanks.

k-5172-terrylove-01.jpg

k-5172-terrylove-02.jpg

K-5172 San Souci

Last edited by a moderator:

Robert Snow

Architect
Reaction score
Getting rid of our three Kohler Rialto toilets was the best thing I ever did, toilet wise. Got them in 1991 and they were 3.5 gallon water conserving toilets. Never flushed well. Replaced them with Toto Plymouth/Willingham and never looked back.

2010-02-05 at 14-43-01.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks