Jetted tub hose connection

Users who are viewing this thread

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Excuse me for over explaining but When I refer to Blue glue there are many , many companies that sell pvc glue that is blue in color some of which could have differant specifications. Rain or Shine just happens to be one pvc glue that also is blue in color it is a trademark name . I dont assume or belive that all blue pvc glue is the same as Rain or Shine or that Rain or shine was the glue used on your tub originaly . However I would not worry one bit over which glue is best at this point and also belive your replacement should last many many years unless you really did something very wrong. I think if its holding now you are good. good luck with it!

JeffNC

Reaction score
Yes understood. Looking back, I don't know why I said they used Rain-R-Shine in the factory - of course I have no way of knowing what they used. I guess after searching what I was finding was that all blue glues seemed to be designed for wet or dry use. So let me rephrase - I don't know why they'd need a blue glue at all in dry factory conditions. But maybe all blue glue is fast setting, and that was the attribute desired.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks