Is My Well Pump Compatible With Pside-Kick

Users who are viewing this thread

vonk

Reporter
Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm considering replacing my failed 65 gal Pressure tank with a Pside-Kick. I have a Goulds 1/2 HP well pump (model H05412). I believe it is designed for continuous operation. Can anybody tell me whether this pump is compatible with Pside-Kick.
Thanks in advance.
vonk

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
I don’t recognize that model number. But if it is a 5 GPM series, ½ HP then yes it should be fine. With that pump you could have as much as 160 PSI pressure before the CSV if your well is really shallow. The deeper it is to water the less backpressure you will see. This pressure doesn’t hurt anything, you just have to make sure the pipe is rated for that much.

vonk

Reporter
Reaction score
I don’t recognize that model number. But if it is a 5 GPM series, ½ HP then yes it should be fine. With that pump you could have as much as 160 PSI pressure before the CSV if your well is really shallow. The deeper it is to water the less backpressure you will see. This pressure doesn’t hurt anything, you just have to make sure the pipe is rated for that much.
Thanks for the quick response, valveman. The pump is 20 years old (!). It is set at 88', so I should be OK until it dies.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
If the thrust bearing in the motor is still good the CSV will make it last longer still. If the thrust bearing in your motor is bad, the amps will increase when you add the CSV. If that happens you might get a few more days of use out of it without using the CSV, but the days are already numbered. And you would probably already know it if the thrust bearing was out, just something to look for with an old pump.

vonk

Reporter
Reaction score
One more question:
Ist the tank that comes with the Pside-Kick a bladder, diaphragme or air over water tank?
Thanks.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks