Is it possible to adjust this particular shower mixing valve?

Users who are viewing this thread

plumbdrumb

Reaction score
I am trying to get more hot water flow, and after googling a bit I thought that I could adjust the mixing valve, however what I have looks nothing like the pics/videos I have seen. This is what I have:

Is it possible to adjust the the valve I have, if so, how can I do it?

Its a Sanindusa fixture and the entire white piece rotates. The neon green ridged piece does not move. I tried to poke at the green piece to see if it can be removed and rotated to adjust the valve, but it did not seem to want to come out.

Thanks!
http://imgur.com/a/IrbLh

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
To clarify, you're trying to make the outlet temperature get higher? You'd generally be unable to increase the overall flow, if that's what you're interested in.

In most single-handle shower valves, there is a mechanical stop that limits how far you can rotate the handle, which essentially, limits how hot it can get. There's a safety feature that prevents it from getting momentarily hot from say when someone flushes a toilet, but that's different. If that portion is sticking and can't float, that could be part of the problem.

I'm not familiar with that valve. On most of them, there is a cam or stop that can be adjusted to allow the handle to turn further that increases the hot and reduces the cold in the mix.

What stops the handle from turning further towards hot? That is the part you need to adjust. You might need to take a bit more out to see how that works. I take it you have not had any luck finding the instructions online.

plumbdrumb

Reaction score
Thanks for the response! I am indeed trying to adjust the temp and not the flow.

I looked online for the manual and have not been able to find anything. As you suggested, this weekend I will turn off the water and try to take the brass ring off to see if that will allow me to remove and adjust the green piece, or if there is any other parts beneath.