I need a red rubber washer for the bottom of an unidentified tub valve cartrige. Here is a photo of the cartrige and the broken rubber washer (gasket)

Users who are viewing this thread

K4NIH

Reaction score
The red rubber washer is broken and I think all I need is that. All else seems OK. Can anyone help me ID the cartrige (or washer?)

Attachments

• Jx Hot Faucit End.jpg
    Jx Hot Faucit End.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 42
  • Jx Hot Faucit Side.jpg
    Jx Hot Faucit Side.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 43

Neil Binda

In the Trades
Reaction score
When it starts leaking it's more than the washer. Its actually the ceramics inside the cartridge. You would need to replace the part itself .

Do you have a picture of the unit ?/ fixture ?

K4NIH

Reaction score
When it starts leaking it's more than the washer. Its actually the ceramics inside the cartridge. You would need to replace the part itself .

Do you have a picture of the unit ?/ fixture ?
Yes, can you see the 2 photos attached to the orig post? In this case it was unused for years and stuck shut, forcing it on broke the washer but the inside seems tight (I hope?). The spline has 20 points and measures .302 inches outside dia.

Attachments

• Fixture A.jpg
    Fixture A.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 42
  • Fixture B.jpg
    Fixture B.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 34
  • Jx Hot Faucit End 20 pt .302'' +.jpg
    Jx Hot Faucit End 20 pt .302'' +.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
"Fixture" would be the faucet. Your photos show the cartridge.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks