Help identifying a '90s vintage claw foot tub shower valve

Users who are viewing this thread

wsimonds

Reaction score
Hello Forum;

We have a mid-90s "vintage" claw foot tub-shower kit for our cast iron tub, purchased at Rejuvenation Houseparts in Portland. At one point we needed a part and they said it was Sign of the Crab and discontinued, but it seems not to be SotC, and of course Rejuvenation was bought out and not much help these days.

These are compression valves with nylon washers and 4-spline stems. All the decompose-able bits need to be replaced: washers, o-rings, cartridge seats, packing washers and such. See photos. This is my last stop before settle on a replacement.

Attachments

• IMG_9662.jpg
    IMG_9662.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 82
  • valve-cartridge-stem-washers.jpg
    valve-cartridge-stem-washers.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_9664.jpg
    IMG_9664.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 72

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
That all looks familiar, and looks like SOTC but it could be a handful of others that made that type of faucet back in the day.

I can attest that Rejuvenation isn't much help. They couldn't get me any instructions or parts breakdown for a custom finished faucet we purchase for a customer. I had to reverse engineer it and write up my own instruction manual.

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
I think possibly Sunrise Specialty faucet (also gone, gone, gone), who sometimes used Chicago faucet internal parts. The handles are identical to Chicago but, I'm afraid that you could be sunk on the rest.
I would suggest you take a leap and buy a 'short' Chicago quaturn or other stem assembly and see if it can work.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
I think possibly Sunrise Specialty faucet (also gone, gone, gone), who sometimes used Chicago faucet internal parts. The handles are identical to Chicago but, I'm afraid that you could be sunk on the rest.
I would suggest you take a leap and buy a 'short' Chicago quaturn or other stem assembly and see if it can work.
Good catch on the Chicago.. They 4 sided posts are typical of their stems.

Neil Binda

In the Trades
Reaction score
Hello Forum;

We have a mid-90s "vintage" claw foot tub-shower kit for our cast iron tub, purchased at Rejuvenation Houseparts in Portland. At one point we needed a part and they said it was Sign of the Crab and discontinued, but it seems not to be SotC, and of course Rejuvenation was bought out and not much help these days.

These are compression valves with nylon washers and 4-spline stems. All the decompose-able bits need to be replaced: washers, o-rings, cartridge seats, packing washers and such. See photos. This is my last stop before settle on a replacement.

It might be old PPP or old Clawfoot design

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks