Hunter Ceiling Fan Light

Users who are viewing this thread

cwmc

Reaction score
I have a ceiling fan that the lights stopped working. I initially thought the wattage limiter went bad, so I removed it from the circuitry. No luck! I tested the bulbs in another light fixture, they light up fine. I then took my meter and tested each socket. 120VAC from post to threads on each socket. Tried putting bulbs back in, no luck! Removed bulbs, scraped posts clean and pryed them out some to ensure good contact with bulb. Still no luck! Guys, any suggestions? I’m at a loss with voltage present and each of the three sockets....

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
It’s strange that you’re getting a voltage between the post and threads of each light socket.
You’ll need to remove the light fixture and check the connection to the fan wiring. I’m suspecting the neutral opened. The white wire is the neutral and the light black wire is connected to the fan blue wire. Theses usually are press fit connectors that have a locking tab. If there is no wall switch for the light then in the ceiling box the blue wire is connected to the black (hot) wire and the fan motor black wire.
You can google ceiling fan wiring and there are thousands of sample wiring methods.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks