How to remove this Sigma escutcheon

Users who are viewing this thread

Henri232

Reaction score
Sigma Faucet.jpg

I need to replace the 1/4 turn ceramic cartridge on this bathroom faucet. I easily removed the handle that is fastened with two small allen screws. There are no wrench flats to unscrew the escutcheon and its bell shape will not allow any kind of tool to be used. I have tried to unscrew it with a rubber strap wrench and other rubberized grips, but can't get this thing off. I am not sure if it unscrews, but I do not think it just pops off. Any help is much appreciated.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
I t will unscrew. Carefully grab around the outside of the base with a large pair of pliers and twist it off. Maybe wrap some tape around it first to minimize scarring.

Henri232

Reaction score
I t will unscrew. Carefully grab around the outside of the base with a large pair of pliers and twist it off. Maybe wrap some tape around it first to minimize scarring.
Thanks much, HJ. Got some tape around the decorative trim at the base and used some large channel lock pliers. It was pretty stubborn, but I finally got it to budge with only very minimal marks on the trim. Changing the cartridge was a piece of cake after that. Thanks again for the advice.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks