Help with Shower/Tub Cartridge Replacement

Users who are viewing this thread

RonnyK

Reaction score
Hi All,

I believe what I have here is a Kohler fixture but I am not positive as it was installed by a former owner. It has developed a drip that I would like to fix by replacing the cartridge. The problem I am having is that while I can unscrew the fitting that seats around the base of the handle, it cannot slide off the handle due to its curve, and I cannot figure out how to remove the handle from my current vantage point. Any suggestions?

And if anyone indeed knows this fixture, will I need another tool to get at the cartridge?

IMG_1924.jpg
IMG_1925.jpg
IMG_1926.jpg

Neil Binda

In the Trades
Reaction score
Hi All,

I believe what I have here is a Kohler fixture but I am not positive as it was installed by a former owner. It has developed a drip that I would like to fix by replacing the cartridge. The problem I am having is that while I can unscrew the fitting that seats around the base of the handle, it cannot slide off the handle due to its curve, and I cannot figure out how to remove the handle from my current vantage point. Any suggestions?

And if anyone indeed knows this fixture, will I need another tool to get at the cartridge?

View attachment 93846View attachment 93847View attachment 93848

I don't think this is kohler

Looks like Grohe.

See the file

Attachments

• E19708US-1.jpg
    E19708US-1.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 68

RonnyK

Reaction score
If your pulling the handle out and its hard to remove that means there is something holding the handle in place.

Do you see the set screw anywhere ?
Nowhere around the handle. I hear you, and just thinking there is something less obvious that I am missing.

Neil Binda

In the Trades
Reaction score
Nowhere around the handle. I hear you, and just thinking there is something less obvious that I am missing.

Can you see if this part unthreads off ? If it does than the set screw should be in there .

Attachments

• IMG-20230908-WA0021.jpg
    IMG-20230908-WA0021.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 61
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks