Help with Water-Right system

Users who are viewing this thread

Blooze

Reaction score
We moved into our home several years ago and a Water-Right IM-1044 was already installed. The regeneration cycle is set to go off every 12 days regardless, but the system is metered as well. I only move through 40lbs of salt about every two months. Family of two lived here (they had it installed) and there’s just two of us. The hardness setting was on 22 but it should be 26 based on the latest city water test. I’ve never done anything but add salt, but we noticed the water getting slightly hard. Checked the brine tank more closely and I removed about a 4” thick block of salt from the bottom of the brine tank. The brine tube doesn’t go all the way to the bottom of the tank (about 3-4” from bottom). Now, after all that rambling, my concern is regeneration. We only use about 350 gallons of water/week. Even on a forced 12 day cycle we are wasting salt. I did up the hardness to 26. The only settings I can see to change are the hardness, max days until regeneration, and time.

So should I just leave it at 12 days, up the hardness a bit, or just deal with a forced regeneration long before we actually need it? My concern is that block of salt forming again since there’s always several inches of water in the bottom.

Attachments

• E57EB399-E7A0-4037-87D2-2F32AAEBE59D.jpeg
    E57EB399-E7A0-4037-87D2-2F32AAEBE59D.jpeg
    78.4 KB · Views: 99
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks