Help with Tub Purchase

Users who are viewing this thread

TomR1972

Reaction score
Looking to put a new tub in but can not find the right one. It is a standard sized space 5 foot tub and I can make the space accommodate 36 wide, old tub was 32. My big issue is I would like to have more water depth. With this space being a 3 wall alcove and probably not enough room to handle a drop in type tub I am very limited I believe. Also I'd like the tub to be more rectangular than oval since it will be a shower as well. Can anyone direct me to a tub that might fit my requests? I saw a neptune that fit the bill nicely however I am being quoted just under a grand which I think is a bit pricey. Any thoughts?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Kohler makes a 33" by 19 1/2" deep one, but a deep tub is usually counterintuitive for use as a shower due to the "difficulty" of climbing over the edge.

TomR1972

Reaction score
deep soak tub

Thanks for the response.

I think for now we will be ok with the higher step in, in 15 years that might change!

I found the American Standard Evolution that I think is a 3 wall alcove model but I think by the time you get the front skirt and the tile flange I am back at the 1000.00 dollar range.

I keep hoping there is something out there that I am not aware of, not finding it!!!

K.

Reaction score
I installed the American standard Serin tub, 60x32x23" deep and quite rectangular in its shape. It was about $625 with flange but skirt extra, but that was a special order from ********* Canada which means I paid full list price so I'm sure it can be had for less.

Last edited by a moderator: