Help with picking Fleck system

Users who are viewing this thread

Reach4

Reaction score
I have a 5800 not a 5810. Does that result in different settings?
I edited it... twice.

5800 does not have the RS=cr method. Instead the reserve can be set in gallons.
RS = rc ; rc says use gallons vs percent
RC = 300 ; Reserve capacity gallons
So at 2 am, the softener would check to see if 300 gallons of capacity remain. If not, the softener regenerates.

I think the settings I selected are there for the 5800sxt, but let me know if they are not.

What injector do you have? Also, confirm 0.25 BLFC.

Last edited:

PeteTerry

Reaction score
Thanks! Do you know how I check the injector and BLFC? I can ask the dealer as well on Monday.

Reach4

Reaction score
Thanks! Do you know how I check the injector and BLFC? I can ask the dealer as well on Monday.
Start with the sticker under the lift-off cover. It is possible to check the individual items, but that would usually only be done if you suspect a problem. For the injector, you could look at the color
#0 Injector - Red
#1 Injector - White
#2 Injector - Blue

You could also time, during a regen, how long it takes for the brine to be sucked down. It might be 9, 13, or 18 minutes. Its probably easier to check the color, but for now, just check the white paper label.

PeteTerry

Reaction score
See attached. The blue sticker says "0.25 GPM, 0.75 lb salt/min"

Attachments

• IMG_20190330_113532.jpg
    IMG_20190330_113532.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 299

PeteTerry

Reaction score
Mine doesn't have that sticker . It has these on the front and back

Attachments

• IMG_20190330_161127.jpg
    IMG_20190330_161127.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 312
  • IMG_20190330_161104.jpg
    IMG_20190330_161104.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 217

Bannerman

Reaction score
The injector ID label appears it may be located beside the Blue label shown in post #24.

It is always advisable to add salt, 2 gallons water + 1/4 cup unscented bleach to the brine tank and perform a manual regen cycle. The bleach will help to sanitize the system internals.

Reach4

Reaction score
Mine doesn't have that sticker . It has these on the front and back
It says you have a 5800LXT. Programming on that is way different, if I remember correctly. It does not have most of the choices that the SXT offers, and those it has are different.

PeteTerry

Reaction score
It says you have a 5800LXT. Programming on that is way different, if I remember correctly. It does not have most of the choices that the SXT offers, and those it has are different.

The front two stickers say sxt and the back one says lxt. Why would it say both and how do I know which I actually have? From online pictures it looks like I have the sxt since it only has three buttons (regen, up and down)

Reach4

Reaction score
The front two stickers say sxt and the back one says lxt. Why would it say both and how do I know which I actually have? From online pictures it looks like I have the sxt since it only has three buttons (regen, up and down)
Ahhh, yes. You are OK then.

You're right, it's there. Injector 1.
#1 is good for this 2 cuft softener.

PeteTerry

Reaction score
Ok so the settings in your original post are good? The one thing is you specified double backwash. Is that always better than single backwash? Any downside?

Thanks again

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks