Fleck 5600 SXT 64,000

Users who are viewing this thread

Bagd98rt

Reaction score
Hello Everyone I am new to this Forum and was looking for some advice. I am looking for recommendations on setting up my water softener for the best possible Water/Salt efficiency I understand it’s a little bit of a give or take but anything helps. Also still keeping the water good for my family and appliance's. Especially my tankless electric water heater. Stiebel Eltron Tempra 27 Plus. That is one of the main reasons I purchased a softener because I had one go out and they said it was due to the hardness in my water. Anyways we are a family of 6 and average water usage on my water bills every month is around 9 to 11 thousand gallons. We are on municipal water no iron from my understanding and my Hardness is 13 gpg according to a water test that Stiebel Eltron did on my water for my warranty claim. Anyhow These are my current settings.

My Fleck unit shows .50 GPM / 1.5 LB Salt/MIN. on controller.
DF - GAL
VT - DF 1b
CT - fd
NT - 1
C - 42
H - 13
RS - rc
RC - 375 “I have a son moving out on APR. 27th”
DO - 14
RT - 3:00am
BW - 10
BD - 60
RR - 10
BF - 8
FM - P0.7

Thanks for any help or information that I can get…

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Hello Everyone I am new to this Forum and was looking for some advice. I am looking for recommendations on setting up my water softener for the best possible Water/Salt efficiency I understand it’s a little bit of a give or take but anything helps. Also still keeping the water good for my family and appliance's. Especially my tankless electric water heater. Stiebel Eltron Tempra 27 Plus. That is one of the main reasons I purchased a softener because I had one go out and they said it was due to the hardness in my water. Anyways we are a family of 6 and average water usage on my water bills every month is around 9 to 11 thousand gallons. We are on municipal water no iron from my understanding and my Hardness is 13 gpg according to a water test that Stiebel Eltron did on my water for my warranty claim. Anyhow These are my current settings.

DF - GAL
VT - DF 1b
CT - fd
NT - 1
C - 42
H - 13
RS - rc
RC - 375 “I have a son moving out on APR. 27th”
DO - 14
BW - 10
BD - 60
RR - 10
BF - 8
FM - P0.7

Thanks for any help or information that I can get…
DF - GAL
VT - DF 1b
CT - fd
NT - 1
C - 48
H - 5
RS - rc
RC - 00
DO - 28
BW - 5
BD - 60
RR - 4
BF - 11
FM - P0.7 Confirm you have a paddle wheel meter, not the turbine, see pic
1711736538254.png

The softener did not go out because of hardness...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks