Help taking apart leaky faucets, please

Users who are viewing this thread

JScott

Reaction score
First-timer here -- apologies for the basic question.

We recently moved into a house with a leaky faucet in the master bath. Water comes out from underneath the bases of the handles (where it sits on the granite).

I'm trying to take apart the faucet to inspect & fix, but am having trouble get the faucet apart. I'm not sure what brand/model the faucets are, so I haven't been able to find documentation online.

I pried off the temperature indicator ("H"), found a screw underneath, and was then able to get the handle off. Now I'm stuck

The cartridge inside doesn't pull up & out. I tried with pliers & a decent amount of force. It also appears to be a bit wider than the opening.

The remaining trim doesn't appear to screw at all. I also looked for any sort of small hex set screw on the back, and there are none.

Underneath the sink, on the underside of the faucet handles, looks pretty corroded (last pic).

Not sure where to go from here. Appreciate any help. Thanks!

IMG_4874.jpg

IMG_4875.jpg

IMG_4904.jpg

IMG_4908.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The dome spins off and under that will be a nut that holds the faucet stem in. Kind of looks like Delta.
It may be that loosening the nut below the counter will help with that.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks