Help! Bad check valve in deep well?

Users who are viewing this thread

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
I assume they are same as a screen...
Not really. It is just a length of pipe with the bottom end wide open. The sand does not make the 180 degree turn but rather just keeps going down.

A buried wellhead is illegal most places and generally a bad idea.

Reach4

Reaction score
I'll look into that. I assume they are same as a screen.
Not the same as a screen. The flow inducer routes water flow past the motor for cooling. It avoids turbulance at the side of the pump against the bore. It shields against falling sand.

The flow inducer is usually made on site with pvc pipe, and that is often the thin stuff.

I'll look into that. I assume they are same as a screen. I have been considering one already. Pump is 45 feet from the bottom, so that's not an issue. Sand must be coming from above, dont think it could be leftover from drilling, but I guess it's a possibility.
Some wells don't have casing all of the way. Stuff can fall from above, or get knocked off of the side due to the turbulence at the pump intake.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks