Heirloom toilets? Any good?

Users who are viewing this thread

nelson84

Reaction score
I was looking at a Heirloom toilet model number LY2029, it is a dual flush toilet and is a one piece. Anybody heard of this brand and is it any good?

Attachments

• ly2029_toilet.jpg
    ly2029_toilet.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 2,192
Last edited by a moderator:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
As near as I can tell, these are Chinese made and are sold in Australia. There are a number of them on the auction site. I would be very hesitant to buy one not knowing what the quality is, not knowing the design of the trap, and not knowing what parts are used for repair. If you want a top quality toilet, look at the Toto line.

Botoo

Reaction score
Heirloom Toilet Many Problems

I purchased one of these, not off of ****, right from the supplier in Indianapolis. I had problems with the toilet and have never gotten any reply or response from them.
1. The flange on the toilet for the seal is not level. It is slanted so I couldn't get 2 different wax seals to work. Then I tried rubber seals, and after the third I used Gorilla Glue to glue the rubber to the toilet.
2. Then I still had leaks and found the toilet leaked through the porcelain bowl. I then used epoxy under the bowl to stop those leaks. This is still not proper but because I got no response I wanted to make the best of a BAD purchase.
3. The outlet of the toilet is so small and has a turned in flange in that you had better keep a plunger handy. It plugs all the time and has a hard time flushing.

I would never have purchased this toilet if I had known.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Too bad you did come here first. Quite frankly, if this was my toilet, it would be in the landfill ASAP and a Toto Drake would be installed. But, it's not mine and it is you that has to decide between living with this for the next twenty years or swallowing your pride and chalking the extra cost of replacing this junker up to experience. You know, we've probably all tried to save a buck with a cheap-o and ended up regretting it, so you're not alone.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks