Gerber tank broken

Users who are viewing this thread

polarguy

Reaction score
Hello,
Somehow, we ended up breaking a Gerber 28-790 tank last night while I was gone for the evening.. Apparently this is a model no longer made,
1, Is there a way to find out if any current Gerber tanks will fit my Bowl Since that would seem to be the easiest fix..
B, Is there easy way to fit another brands Tank?
3, Is there a moderate priced dual flush complete toilet the experts here would endorse?
Thanks
MLW

BECplumbing

Plumbing Apprentice
Reaction score
Hello,
Somehow, we ended up breaking a Gerber 28-790 tank last night while I was gone for the evening.. Apparently this is a model no longer made,
1, Is there a way to find out if any current Gerber tanks will fit my Bowl Since that would seem to be the easiest fix..
B, Is there easy way to fit another brands Tank?
3, Is there a moderate priced dual flush complete toilet the experts here would endorse?
Thanks
MLW
Is this the tank you are looking for https://cheaptoilettanklids.com/products/g28-790?variant=44169131426094

GReynolds929

Reaction score
I don't have any experience with the newer Mansfield toilets, I've heard positive things. The old ones however with the flush tower are garbage.

BECplumbing

Plumbing Apprentice
Reaction score
I don't have any experience with the newer Mansfield toilets, I've heard positive things. The old ones however with the flush tower are garbage.
Yeah the flush tower wasn’t the best design. But the newer ones don’t have that. Their pressure assist toilets are the best though. I really like the quantum pressure assist toilets. I actually have a wall mount quantum going in my new house. Anyways I was trying to provide this guy with a good solution to his broken toilet tank. Personally I would just replace the toilet but I also stumbled across a replacement tank for his toilet so I sent him a link to that.

polarguy

Reaction score
Ok, yes the tank shown above seems to be the correct one, but is there a correct cross reference on newer versions that will also work?

BECplumbing

Plumbing Apprentice
Reaction score
Ok, yes the tank shown above seems to be the correct one, but is there a correct cross reference on newer versions that will also work?
I don’t know. I don’t think any of gerber brand new tanks would work due to the 3 inch flush valve. If you want to keep the toilet you could buy that tank.

Peterson

Reaction score
You should replace the entire toilet. I'd recommend getting the Project Source 99 dollar toilet at Lowes. It's chair height, elongated, and works surprisingly very well for a house brand fixture.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks