Having trouble with a new kitchen sink.

Users who are viewing this thread

TacoRaptor

Reaction score
Hey all! First time posting here. The faucet in our kitchen kicked the bucket, so we ran to Walmart to pick one up. This is the one we ended up getting: Mainstays Single Handle Kitchen Sink Faucet with Pull-Out Sprayer and Chrome Finish
Got home and swapped out the old for the new, turned the water back on and nothing would come through. Unhooked it, grabbed a bucket and tested if there was any water going through it at all, and it worked! So we hooked it back up properly to the counter, and.. nothing. It only worked when it wasn't installed onto the counter. What could cause this? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
Take the head off the pull-out hose, if no flow, then it must have a clog or defect.
Run flex off angle stops and run into bucket to double make sure your supply is good, but if both hot and cold are not flowing then it is the faucet or more likely some crap from your supply source.

TacoRaptor

Reaction score
Take the head off the pull-out hose, if no flow, then it must have a clog or defect.
Run flex off angle stops and run into bucket to double make sure your supply is good, but if both hot and cold are not flowing then it is the faucet or more likely some crap from your supply source.
Thank you for the reply. We did what we could, but I think there was some sort of defect with it. My dad ended up just taking it back and getting one similar to the one we had, and that one worked right away.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks