Handle in kitchen faucet stuck

Users who are viewing this thread

waulu13

Reaction score
Hi there,

I am trying to remove the valve in the handle of the kitchen faucet. However, due to calcification (and maybe something else?), I cannot take it apart. I have highlighted in red the part I am trying to remove and I can't.

IMG-20240104-WA0005.jpg
IMG_20240105_194810.jpg

Capture.PNG

So far I have applied oil WD-40 and vinegar. I used pliers to grab the metal piece and remove it, but no luck. The metal piece is rounded making it difficult for the pliers to grab and pull.

Does anyone have any idea how to remove it?

Thanks in advance.

Neil Binda

In the Trades
Reaction score
Hi there,

I am trying to remove the valve in the handle of the kitchen faucet. However, due to calcification (and maybe something else?), I cannot take it apart. I have highlighted in red the part I am trying to remove and I can't.

View attachment 96489View attachment 96490
View attachment 96491

So far I have applied oil WD-40 and vinegar. I used pliers to grab the metal piece and remove it, but no luck. The metal piece is rounded making it difficult for the pliers to grab and pull.

Does anyone have any idea how to remove it?

Thanks in advance.
Try using bubble wrap around it and getting off it should help .

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks