Hague Watermax internal details

Users who are viewing this thread

morrsha

Reaction score
I have a hague watermax model 62AMQ. My understanding of the model numbering for the Watermax series is how they are configured for the end user and that they are all the same internally whether all compartements are used or not.

This softener was originally setup for a well water system. Several years into the life of the softener, we moved and it was self-installed into a city water system that was chlorinated. I did add a carbon bed to mitigate chlorine damage to the resin. I am at the point of needing to replace the resin. The system is currently 15 years old and has pretty much been working flawlessly since I got it.

Being that it was originally configured for a well setup, the softener had a dose of bacteriostat and the original fine mesh resin. Later on as mentioned above, I added the carbon into an empty compartment and this is the only compartment I have any understanding of how to service. It seems that there is also another smaller compartment right at the inlet, prior to the carbon compartment, that other custom medias can be added to also.

My plan is to add a chloristat to the first compartment, replace the carbon media (second compartment), and re-bed the resin (third compartment) and possibly replace the bacteriostat (last ccompartment). Also will assess O-ring conditions and replace as necessary.

What I am specifically looking for is if anyone has any information on the internal setup of the softener tank compartments and how to access them? I am not averse to doing this myself and am a very capable mechanically inclined individual. There is no direct information that I can find on how these compartments are accessed. Although I could dissect it to find out, that would be a last resort, as I would like to have all materials ready with minimal downtime since the resin bed is still performing marginally.

Last edited:

morrsha

Reaction score
Being that I could not find any info out on the open web, I was thinking a dedicated forum could at least offer a hint of the internals on the Hague water softener.

After about a month of the original post and nothing forthcoming, in the near future, I will tear into the softener to see how it is assembled and hopefully will be able to accomplish rebedding it. If successful, I will provide some feedback on this forum, so that hopefully in the future if someone else has a similar issue then it may provide some insight to help them out.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks