Hague Water Softener leak.

Users who are viewing this thread

mtateman3

Reaction score
Hello All,

Newbie here. Trying to find someone that knows why a resin tank would start leaking water through the resin tank overflow on a Hague Water Max softener. I am assuming there is some kind of shut off valve that is stuck open. I have no clue as to how this system works. Anyone have experience in this situation? Thank you all for any help you can provide.

Mark

Reach4

Reaction score
Hello All,

Newbie here. Trying to find someone that knows why a resin tank would start leaking water through the resin tank overflow on a Hague Water Max softener. I am assuming there is some kind of shut off valve that is stuck open. I have no clue as to how this system works. Anyone have experience in this situation? Thank you all for any help you can provide.

Mark
Your softener looks like this with the controller+resin on the left and brine (salt) tank on the right?
watermax.jpg

A brine tank has an overflow. A controller, in the same outer housing as the resin tank, has a drain line.

Last edited:

mtateman3

Reaction score
Your softener looks like this with the controller+resin on the left and brine (salt) tank on the right?
watermax.jpg

A brine tank has an overflow. A controller, in the same outer housing as the resin tank, has a drain line.
Both tanks have an elbow on the back of the tank. I know what you are saying. But, my tank with the controller on it is leaking out of this elbow on the back of the tank. The drain hose is connected and going into a drain in the floor as it should.

Reach4

Reaction score
I am not a pro. Water coming out of the drain hose when the softener is in service usually means the unit needs new seals. I don't know that controller.

pj gildernew

Reaction score
Thank you.
mtateman3 did you ever find out what was causing your hague watermax media container to overflow??? I am having the same issue. After coming home one day I heard water leaking and checked my Hague system (outside). Sure enough, the media (controller) container was leaking water and quite a bit at that!! I let it run thinking it would peter out but no such luck. Have bypassed for now and am trying to figure out what would cause that because Hague techs charge an arm and a leg to fix these things not only for labor but parts as well!! Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

JaxH2o

Reaction score
mtateman3 did you ever find out what was causing your hague watermax media container to overflow??? I am having the same issue. After coming home one day I heard water leaking and checked my Hague system (outside). Sure enough, the media (controller) container was leaking water and quite a bit at that!! I let it run thinking it would peter out but no such luck. Have bypassed for now and am trying to figure out what would cause that because Hague techs charge an arm and a leg to fix these things not only for labor but parts as well!! Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Our Hague is doing the same thing. Just started on Friday. Anyone have answers?

Paul J Burkhardt

Reaction score
I know that it's been a while since this thread started, but for anyone else having this problem, grab a flashlight and look underneath the connections where your plumbing meets the water softener fittings.

The seal that is between the fitting and the pipe is angled on one side and as they get older, this tapered connection seal can develop a very slow leak that is hard to find unless you look underneath the connections where the water softener meets the plumbing and the water drips down into the tank and then drips out of the overflow elbow especially if you have disconnected the softener and reconnected the fittings.

Hague-Plumbing-Connection.jpg

Brucelieb

Reaction score
I know that it's been a while since this thread started, but for anyone else having this problem, grab a flashlight and look underneath the connections where your plumbing meets the water softener fittings.

The seal that is between the fitting and the pipe is angled on one side and as they get older, this tapered connection seal can develop a very slow leak that is hard to find unless you look underneath the connections where the water softener meets the plumbing and the water drips down into the tank and then drips out of the overflow elbow especially if you have disconnected the softener and reconnected the fittings.

Hague-Plumbing-Connection.jpg
ok, I'm new here and struggling to understand my hague maximizer 96... Mine seeps /leaks out of the same little overflow pipe. I thought about putting clamping a hose to it so it can run to a drain... but that does not solve the cause. The pic is great. You think the solution is to take this thing apart and put new gaskets?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks