Grohe Shower Valve Replacement

Users who are viewing this thread

Bjmifsud

Reaction score
Several years ago I was in the middle of a bath remodel. Plumber did the rough in and I finished the tile work. Then disaster struck. My shop where I was storing the fixtures for the bathroom burnt to the ground. Life got in way as I rebuilt the shop first, and now I'm trying to finally finish the shower. it's a Grohe of course.
How do I identify the valve and trim/handle which is compatible with this rough in? I know what it looks like since it's the same unit in our other shower, but I only want to buy the valve, trim and handle.

1648598685220.png

This is the valve in other bath. Its in a tub, so it has output for faucet or shower head.

1648598961936.png

Marlinman

In the Trades
Reaction score
You can use any Grohflex trim. It will come with it's corresponding cartridge. The one you show is "Dual function pressure balance". It has been discontinued but some stock could still be around if you look. Look for a Grohe distributor in your area and they should be able to you what's available.

groflex-pic-3.jpg

Some available trims. If it says Grohflex it will fit.

Bjmifsud

Reaction score
You can use any Grohflex trim. It will come with it's corresponding cartridge. The one you show is "Dual function pressure balance". It has been discontinued but some stock could still be around if you look. Look for a Grohe distributor in your area and they should be able to you whats available.

Some available trims. If it says Grohflex it will fit.

Thanks for that. It really helps.

SWong

Reaction score
I've got this very same Grohe shower valve however mine is not a pressure balanced valve but a thermostatic valve and it still serves this houshold reliably after some 8+ years. Your blue colored item is the Grohe rough-in box (Grohe part number is 35026) which is where your pressure balanced valve will be installed. After reading your tale of woe I'm glas when we remodeled our bathroom, we took the precaution of not only keeping all the Grohe paperwork, parts listings, but more importantly a Grohe valve and trim kit as a backup. If you need a complete valve and trim kit go to the home depot web site and search on "Grohe 19822000" which should get you some results. Sad to report your valve is no longer sold in quantities but as mentioned in earlier posts you can still find them on eBay in a complete valve and trim kit.

DSC00059.JPG

DSC00191.JPG
DSC00211.JPG
DSC00223.JPG

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks