Garden drain blocked

Users who are viewing this thread

Sankar

Reaction score
With recent rains I could see garden pathway drain is blocked and thus water logging.
Question is will this block be removed by using Bunnings drain block remover liquid? Or should I call a professional block remover?

Cheers,
Sankar

upload_2021-11-13_12-36-6.png

upload_2021-11-13_12-36-51.png

WorthFlorida

6th clinical trail chemotherapy 5/15/24
Solutions
Reaction score
Most likely no chemical drain cleaner will work. They generally work to loosen house hold kitchen sink blockage that are mainly caused by grease and harden soaps. In part they generate heat and you'll be diluting the chemical in a lot of water.

Your blockage is from roots, leaf debris or just plain sand and dirt. Do you know where the other end is? Sometimes they'll go to a sump pump or drain further away from the home with just an open pipe. The end opening could be causing the block. You can start with a garden hose with a jet nozzle and with a wide open spigot. Push the hose as far as you can. If there are any 90 degree bends it won't go any further. Sometimes one drain basin goes to another basin and the block could be further down the line. I have a few basins in my yard. I have a jetter that attaches to my pressure washer and I've cleared a few drains with it.

A good handyman (if that is a trade in Au) should be able to take care of this.

Last edited:

Sankar

Reaction score
Most likely no chemical drain cleaner will work. They generally work to loosen house hold kitchen sink blockage that are mainly caused by grease and harden soaps. In part they generate heat and you'll be diluting the chemical in a lot of water.

Your blockage is from roots, leaf debris or just plain sand and dirt. Do you know where the other end is? Sometimes they'll go to a sump pump or drain further away from the home with just an open pipe. The end opening could be causing the block. You can start with a garden hose with a jet nozzle and with a wide open spigot. Push the hose as far as you can. If there are any 90 degree bends it won't go any further. Sometimes one drain basin goes to another basin and the block could be further down the line. I have a few basins in my yard. I have a jetter that attaches to my pressure washer and I've cleared a few drains with it.

A good handyman (if that is a trade in Au) should be able to take care of this.
Thanks for the suggestions. I could not find out where the other end is. I will wait for water to drain out and will try the garden hose jet as you have suggested. Else will reach out to a handyman. They would be busy due to recent rains I guess.

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
A REALLY TERRIBLE Idea of using a garden hose conected to the potable water supply to clear any type of stoppage

Your drain has soil (MUD) and possibly some leaves

The proper way to clear any storm drainage is WATER JETTING and these machines can be rented in most civilized countries

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks