Blocked Plumbing Vent

Users who are viewing this thread

DaveC1

Reaction score
Hi, I have a drain blockage in my kitchen I have not yet been able to clear. I went on the roof to try to snake down the vent. The vent seems to be blocked about 2 1/2 feet down. With a flash light I see no nests or debris.... It is as though it is intentionally blocked like it is an abandoned vent although it is in the right spot for the kitchen ( sorry for the confusion as we did major remodel 5 years ago which required adding vents).... Is there a reason the vent would be blocked and should I just break through it?

Reach4

Reaction score
Look in the attic. You may find there is a bend that your snake is running up against.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
Venting can have sharp 90 degree bends instead of long sweeps. Pour some water down the vent and it probably will drain.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks