Furnace thermostat receptacle, part name?

Users who are viewing this thread

Lolalola

Reaction score
Hi I need to order this part but don’t know the name. It’s the receptacle for thermostat wiring on the circuit board.
please help
and does anyone know where I can order it

Attachments

• A3E7231D-ADEA-4144-92A1-19EC116B8189.jpeg
    A3E7231D-ADEA-4144-92A1-19EC116B8189.jpeg
    94 KB · Views: 66

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
It is nothing that is sold as a separate part by the mfr.; looks to be soldered, so, either replace the board or search PCB terminal blocks. But de-soldering and then re-soldering is not likely up your alley.

I see a slight crack in the green part in the photo but, that should not affect anything after taping over it.

Last edited:

Fitter30

Reaction score
What is wrong with the terminal block? How did u test it? Model and brand of furnace? Did u pull the board look for burnt components?

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
I see that a piece has broken off. If the the thermostat wire can still be attached and held by using the screws, it is what is important. If the wire cannot be held on, soldering the wire on is possible. As Brplum suggest, wrapping some electrical tape over it will help in insulating the broken part.

Fitter30

Reaction score
The furnace manufacture won't have that part cause it comes with a new board. If the board has a single pin in that space use a stranded wire pushed on to the pin with stat wire connected to the other end.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks