Furnace Behaving Weird

Users who are viewing this thread

Trettini

Reaction score
Dear plumbing gurus

Please help figure out the issue. My 1 yo furnace just stopped producing heat and me and the child are freezing in the apartment.

1. The furnace doesn’t react to the thermostat adjustments any more. Before the issue, the thermostat was programmed, but if I needed to hike the temperature additionally or lower it, the furnace would fire up or shut down right away. Now it doesn’t.

2. The furnace turns on randomly, it makes the sound of firing up but then only cool air comes out as if only the fan is working. That lasts for several minutes but then shuts down.

the white light on the furnace is on. I have reset the thermostat and changed the batteries, I have reset the furnace but the issue persists.

So I can see it’s trying but is failing to perform. Terrified at the idea of having to replace the furnace yet again. Please help. Thank you very much!

Attachments

• AE308756-CC2D-4783-B33B-2C5F5227E791.jpeg
    AE308756-CC2D-4783-B33B-2C5F5227E791.jpeg
    77.4 KB · Views: 35
  • D1C45FAC-B67F-4726-A5A7-8C3579ADBBEF.jpeg
    D1C45FAC-B67F-4726-A5A7-8C3579ADBBEF.jpeg
    101.2 KB · Views: 35

Fitter30

Reaction score
Your showing a thermostat for a furnace and water heater for apartment. Turning the thermostat to the off position for a few minutes then back to heat might reset the furnace. Has the filter replaced in the last year?

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks