Flushmate vs Pressure Lite vs ...?

Users who are viewing this thread

tday01

Reaction score
Pressure Assist use case:
I have a unit which is below grade and therefore has a check-valve in the waste line. This regularly gets blocked (every few months or so). Inspecting the check valve during flushing suggests that the source of the problem is that when the toilet is flushed, the flapper only opens a few degrees, allowing paper to become wrapped around. Higher pressure / flow would force the flapper open more fully.

That being said I am a bit confused by the pressure assist options available. Two I have come across are Flushmate and Pressure Lite (e.g. Kohler models K-3505-0 and K-3505-SS-0). Does anyone have an opinion on which would be better given the goal of faster flow?

Many thanks!

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
Flush mate can be used with the existing toilet if the existing toilet flush performance is good.

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
Sloan Flushmate is tried and true. We've got lots of backflow units installed and no customer has had issues.
Mostly always use Clean Check, but Oatey once or twice, but, never needed to increase velocity to this day.
Curious as to what brand of backflow is causing your issue?

tday01

Reaction score
Sloan Flushmate is tried and true. We've got lots of backflow units installed and no customer has had issues.
Mostly always use Clean Check, but Oatey once or twice, but, never needed to increase velocity to this day.
Curious as to what brand of backflow is causing your issue?
I'm not sure of the brand; it was installed with the building in 1999. The flapper / gate is pretty heavy metal. I could replace it with a plastic model, but that would require leasing with the HOA...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks