Flexible Connection for Free Standing Tub

Users who are viewing this thread

DaveC1

Reaction score
Hi,

DIY Remodeler installing an Ariel Whirlpool Freestanding Tub in our new Master Bath(tile over concrete floor). PVC drain leads to a 2" ABS drain line cast in floor. I cant use the flex drain provided by the Manufacturer because there is not enough clearance. My current design uses a Fernco coupling that is somewhat flexible(see picture). I decided I don't like the design because it would seem that someone could bump the tub(even though I have secured the tub) and potentially either break the PVC drain or knock the Fernco off the ABS. I don't like the corrugated PVC flex drains as they seem too flimsy for a long term installation. Is there a recommended connector arrangement that would be substantial without being so rigid that small bumps or temperature changes wouldn't disrupt it? As an extra wrinkle, I need to also connect a 1/4" tube that drains the water pumps after shutdown(see picture). Thanks in advance for any connection recommendations.

20180708_182518.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks