Deck mount faucet on free standing tub with no access panel

Users who are viewing this thread

John V

Reaction score
I have read a lot of threads, but have not found the situation I am looking at. We want to install a free standing tub. We found one we like with a flat edge ( about 4 inches wide) the length of one side. All four sides are finished, and there is no access panel. How would a faucet be installed? would it need to be mounted to the tub and then the tub put in place?maybe have the pipes stick up 4 or 5 inches from the floor, tilt the tub and make the connection with flex hoses and then set the tub down? Any insight is appreciated.

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
sounds like it is just stupid, OR made for freestanding faucet (very common). if you go with freestanding faucet, watch out for crappy, slow fill rate.
Cutting in a access panel is a charming alternative

Last edited:

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score

GReynolds929

Reaction score
As stated you would need a freestanding tub filler. You would not attach to the tub. Use THIS style drain for the tub.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks