Fleck 5600SXT - RC?

Users who are viewing this thread

can00k

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I purchased a tank with a Fleck 5600SXT a few years ago and it's been working great until the past week. The display used to cycle through the time and a number that I assume was the amount of water to pass through the tank until the next regeneration cycle. However, I don't believe a regeneration cycle has happened for the past week or more, and the display only shows "RC - 125" and the number continues to grow. I know RC stands for reserve capacity, but the manuals I'm reading all show that this should only be displayed if I'm reconfiguring the device, which hasn't been done in years.

Should I force a regeneration cycle or is there something else I should check?

Current info that I had documented previously:

155 ppm = 155 mg/L = 9 grains per gallon
capacity = 15.0 x 1000 (15000 grains)
hardness = 9 grains per gallon

DF = G
VT = df2b
CT = Fd
NT = 1
C = 15 x 1000
H = 9
RS = SF
SF = 10
DO = 7
RT = 2:00am
B1 = 10
BD = 60
B2 = 5
RR = 10
BF = 2
FM = t0.7

Reach4

Reaction score
"RC - 125" and the number continues to grow. I know RC stands for reserve capacity, but the manuals I'm reading all show that this should only be displayed if I'm reconfiguring the device, which hasn't been done in years.
I would expect the unit to regenerate at 2AM. If the display said RC-something the day before also, then I don't know.

Is the water still soft? I would wait until tomorrow. I would expect a count-down number then. Is the time of day clock indicating OK? Probably does not matter if it is an hour or so slow due to daylight savings time.

can00k

Reaction score
I would expect the unit to regenerate at 2AM. If the display said RC-something the day before also, then I don't know.

Is the water still soft? I would wait until tomorrow. I would expect a count-down number then. Is the time of day clock indicating OK? Probably does not matter if it is an hour or so slow due to daylight savings time.

I noticed this the other day, I was also expecting it to regenerate itself but it hasn't yet. I may try to start a manual regeneration tonight before bed.

Reach4

Reaction score
I noticed this the other day, I was also expecting it to regenerate itself but it hasn't yet. I may try to start a manual regeneration tonight before bed.
Is the clock working?

So yes, I would do a manual regen. I might also consider a soft reset or a master reset. The service manual tells you how.

You will need to re-enter your settings for either.

can00k

Reaction score
The clock wasn't working, the unit didn't seem to respond to any button pushes either. I was going to do a manual regeneration, but first I saw that it was plugged into an extension cord that had nothing else in it, so I unplugged everything and plugged the Fleck back into the wall directly.

Now the screen isn't coming on at all. Do I have a defective unit?

Reach4

Reaction score
The clock wasn't working, the unit didn't seem to respond to any button pushes either. I was going to do a manual regeneration, but first I saw that it was plugged into an extension cord that had nothing else in it, so I unplugged everything and plugged the Fleck back into the wall directly.

Now the screen isn't coming on at all. Do I have a defective unit?
Maybe. Do Bannerman's test. The power supply could be going bad. I think it is 24 vac nominal. There is a control board which is replaceable. Not cheap. Not outlandish.

Did you try the master reset?

Last edited:

can00k

Reaction score
Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks