First Time Urinal Installation

Users who are viewing this thread

Huskerfan-23

Reaction score
Hi All-

I plumbed a 2 inch PVC line in my man-cave for a urinal when I cut concrete and tied into the main line.

Couple questions about plumbing in the urinal since I have never done it before:

1. What brand/model do you recommend for a man-cave where it wont be used near as much as a commercial one? I think I have seen Terry recommend Toto before but cant find the post.
2. Can the gasket from the urinal fit directly onto the 2 inch sanitary tee, or does the tee need a piece of 2 inch PVC coming out and the gasket fits to that (this will determine how I frame that wall)?
3. What else do I need to know that could be a "gotcha"?

Thanks as always guys!

James Henry

In the Trades
Reaction score
Your going to regret installing a urinal. Urinals can get clogged by simply throwing a wad of chewing gum in them, the outlets on them are very small and hand augers for them only work 50% of the time, then your only other option will be to pull it off the wall to unclog it. urinals are a plumbers nightmare.

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
I don't recommend DIYs do urinal. Licensed plumbers have the knowledge.
James Henry, I have literally dozens of urinals installed for long time customers during 40+ years and never had any problems.
UPC requires cleanout on all urinals and never needed to use one, ever.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks