Fire door with flange

Users who are viewing this thread

sajesak

Reaction score
i bought a 30 inch fire door with the adjustable metal flange..I have plaster walls and when I took off the trim some of the plaster fell off.

The rough opening is 33 inches..when I put the door in..I have 3 inches of gap. Was I supposed to get. 32 inch door?

If I stick with this door I will have to add at least one two by four.

Does the flange go on top of the plaster? In which case I need to do some repairs. Or does it go on the stud and then you plaster or Sheetrock over?

If the flange goes over the Sheetrock or plaster then would the trim stick out a little? Also would it be hard to nail in because you can only do it where there are certain openings in the flange?

sajesak

Reaction score
i bought a 30 inch fire door with the adjustable metal flange..I have plaster walls and when I took off the trim some of the plaster fell off.

The rough opening is 33 inches..when I put the door in..I have 3 inches of gap. Was I supposed to get. 32 inch door?

If I stick with this door I will have to add at least one two by four.

Does the flange go on top of the plaster? In which case I need to do some repairs. Or does it go on the stud and then you plaster or Sheetrock over?

If the flange goes over the Sheetrock or plaster then would the trim stick out a little Branddörrar? Also would it be hard to nail in because you can only do it where there are certain openings in the flange?
thanks for any help

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
You might not be tal;king about a door but an access panel a 30x80 door wont fit with a 3 inch gap in a 33 opening . but in any case if you have the door it should be evedent along with instructions on how to install

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks