DWV Backwater Valve

Users who are viewing this thread

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Basements pretty much non existant except some urban multi family or in very hilly areas in California

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
That is the basis of the system that I posted the second link to, in #12. That always surprised me that sewer systems would allow pumps to pump pressure into a sewer. It may be that only some sewer systems allow that.
One of my many accounts have the sub sewer lines 3 stories or more below the street sewers.

Floors 3- 47 allow gravity to work but the sub-basement has to have a sewer ejector system to pump the storm and sanitary waste up 3 or more floors.

The 1 and 2 family houses some "Cheat" by pumping waste after the back water valve

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
One of my many accounts have the sub sewer lines 3 stories or more below the street sewers.

Floors 3- 47 allow gravity to work but the sub-basement has to have a sewer ejector system to pump the storm and sanitary waste up 3 or more floors.

The 1 and 2 family houses some "Cheat" by pumping waste after the back water valve
Im not sure whether all areas call tieing the pump downstream of the BWvalve as cheating seems it encourages forcing your sewage on to another property owners problem. The guy with the most powerful pump and best BWV wins!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks