Toile Flange Issue

Users who are viewing this thread

k75s57

Reaction score
I am replacing a 2nd floor cracked toilet before it fails and starts leaking. At the same time installing vinyl planking over the tile floor. The flange is only held with one 1 screw in wood framing below the tile. All other flange openings that are suppose to hold the flange have no screws and no framing under the openings. The flange is below the tile and there will be a bigger gap when the vinyl plank is added. The toilet is over a garage that has dry wall ceiling.

Any recommendations before I contact a local plumber?

Attachments

• Toilet.pdf
    358.6 KB · Views: 45

Reach4

Reaction score
There are various kinds of repair ring, that will hold the toilet down.

PASCO 21013, Jones Stephens C85000, Oatey 42775, and Superior 21015 are repair rings with mounting tabs outside. So you can screw thru the tabs and/or holes in the ring to get into good wood. See https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/toilet-flange-repair-ring-the-best-choice.43097/ #6

Floating floor... do you expect to pin the flooring to one place with the toilet? I would. But I would also be mindful of leaving the thermal expansion space, especially farther from the toilet where there could be more expansion.

Another option would be to use the Danco Hydro Seat -- like a repair ring with a tail. It would sit atop the new flooring. Use wax ring under.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks