Finding Replacement Shutoff Valve Handle

Users who are viewing this thread

Dan F.

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a shutoff valve to an outdoor hose bib. The red handle literally cracked off (a few months ago) and I'd like to replace it so I don't have to turn the stem with pliers to shutoff the water.

It's a multi-turn valve and I counted the ridges at 16. I bought a 16-point broach valve from Home Depot, but it's too large and just spins on the stem. (I also tried a Dance universal handle, but it wasn't even close either.) Are there multiple diameters of these types of handles? If so, where can I buy them? I'm hoping not to replace the whole valve for a $5 handle.

I included two pictures in case it helps.

Thanks so much!
Dan

Attachments

• IMG_20161105_192413570.jpg
    IMG_20161105_192413570.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 318
  • IMG_20161105_192432816.jpg
    IMG_20161105_192432816.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 314

Dan F.

Reaction score
Thanks Smooky... the handle was pretty tight to turn, do you think the handle will really grip it enough not to strip the grooves (since it's a round stem)?

Would another approach be to replace the whole stem/handle assembly just by unscrewing it from the pipe and finding another to fit in? (I'm uncertain if they are standard enough or would that whole piece be hard to find as well.)

Thanks for letting me know about the mandle!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks