Drake Eco 1.28 Weak Flush

Users who are viewing this thread

Kstern01

Reaction score
Any warranty on your defective toilet?
Yes, and I'm working right now with the company who supplied it to me. They are working with Toto directly on my behalf, and they think the toilet is defective also. I copied them on the video and pictures, as well as the history. I got it from Supply.com and they are being extremely cooperative soo far. The biggest problem I think might be that the boxes it came in have already been thrown away.

Kstern01

Reaction score
Well just got off the phone with Toto technical support. The tech I spoke to looked at the video and agreed that there was a problem and it did have a weak flush. But then some supposed expert came by and looked and said no, because it uses less water than the Drake 1.6GPF, it has less pressure and a weak flush was normal for the 1.28 Emax models, and that you couldn't compare a Gmax against an Emax and expect them to be the same. Well I called them out on it and they have issued a replacement for me. And all I can say is that this next 1.28GPF Emax better be as good as the 1.6GPF Gmax as Terry has said it was.

Kstern01

Reaction score
Well later Friday afternoon a received a call from a Toto Tech Support manager. He had taken the original call from the company I bought it from and was following up on it not knowing that it had already been resolved. So I walked him through what happened in the morning and he pulled up the case file. First he watched the video and agreed that it was a weak flush, but did not justify a replacement as many factors could be in play and not the toilet. Then he saw the picture of the bowl and asked me if the picture with the crack was my bowl. I told him it was and he immediately said that he was going to override the replacement that had been authorized for the replacement based on the weak flush, and instead issue a warranty replacement for the cracked bowl which took precedence of any other issue, and that I probably would not even need to send the one I had back. So then I started talking to him about the flush issue and we went through everything that my plumber had checked and tried. He then asked me if anything had been done to the inlet, or possibly dropped into it, or anything different done during the install. Well the only thing that I knew was different is that it was installed with one of those wax rings that has a plastic attachment to supposedly create a more direct flow of water down the pipe. He immediately said that he would place money on the fact that that was the cause of the problem, and that they had seen that quite a bit on their low flow toilets. Something about the extension sometimes causing a flow disturbance creating back pressure. Now he had already issued the replacement so he really had no reason to make up a story like that at that point. So first thing is whatever I end up using, it will be installed with a regular wax ring. and whether it was that, or the bowl, or the tank, the problem should be fixed. Although at this point I'm thinking about maybe just changing the toilet to one that uses the double cyclone system instead of the EMax.
I also remember Terry saying a while back that it was rather simple to change an Emax tank back to a Gmax tank. But I'm assuming that was based on the old flapper design. Anyone know if that can still be done with the new tower design?

Reach4

Reaction score
Although at this point I'm thinking about maybe just changing the toilet to one that uses the double cyclone system instead of the EMax.
Here are part of my notes on the Toto part alphanumerics:
MS=1pc toilet & soft close seat combo​
SUFFIXES:
s = G-Max Flush, 1.6 gallons
E = E-max, Ecoflush, 1.28 gallons Watersense
U= 1 gallon
T=Tower, as in ET is 1.28 with tower​

You can have EMax with double cyclone.

I wonder if you could have swapped towers between the good and bad toilet, and see if the problem stayed or moved.

While your bowl is pulled, you might want to play a garden hose down the closet flange to make sure it takes water quickly. Or you could dump a 5-gallon bucket down the hole, although that would probably cause some spilling.

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
toto-flush-tower-adjust-1.jpg

The flush tower will adjust. I used a flat blade screwdriver to push the tab on right to allow the middle to rotate the pin from the slot, and then moveit upward to allow for more flotation and therefore more water to drop.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks