Double Vanity faucet hook up

Users who are viewing this thread

Jerod Mickelson

Reaction score
I had a plumber out here to convert piping from a single vanity to a double vanity. He capped the ends and a week later I am now installing the vanity and faucets.

First snag I am running into is he used a 1 1/2 inch threaded male connector. (1st Photo) The p trap I used for a faucet was 1 1/4 inch. I went to Home Depot and was able to used to different connections to be able to make it work (2nd photo). Well it worked for one.

The second lined up directly behind the drain and there is not enough room to make the connections (3rd Photo), photo also shows that the 1 1/4 doesn't fit.

If I try to use the connection from Home Depot, the P trap then doesn't fit (4th Photo)

If there was a smaller connector, I believe there might be enough room (example 5th Photo), just don't know what that connector is

Last Photo is the connector that work on the other sink because they were not lined up

Any help would be appreciated

Attachments

• IMG_8068.jpg
    IMG_8068.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_8067.jpg
    IMG_8067.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_8053.jpg
    IMG_8053.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_8066.jpg
    IMG_8066.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_8062.jpg
    IMG_8062.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_8064.jpg
    IMG_8064.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 108

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
They make 1.5" PVC and fittings. Most of the time we use a 1.5" trap with a 1.5" x 1.25" reducing slip joint washer for a lav tailpiece.

p-trap_with_adapter.jpg

You can also opt for the 1.25" p-trap and the reducing trap adapter from 1.5" to 1.25"

I carry traps like this on the vans, everything comes in the bag and it works for lavs (1.25") and kitchen sinks, (1.5")

Kreemoweet

In the Trades
Reaction score
This is what happens when someone tries to set up plumbing for fixtures that aren't present.
1 1/4 tubular traps can go directly into 1 1/2 trap adapters, you just use the appropriate slip joint
nut and washer, no extra fittings required. For the too-close wall piping, it seems some more
drastic pipe-moving will be needed. There might be some special "zig-zag" offset pipe for
your sing tailpiece, or you just might have to open the wall and move the drain outlet.

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
Do the right thing - customize each drain, and avoid using an accordion (or corrugated) flex drain.

Reach4

Reaction score
IMG_8053, IMG_8066, and maybe IMG_8062 show the problem side I think. Has that trap adapter, similar to IMG_8067, been glued into place already?

If it has been already glued, there are slip elbows that could give you some offset.

There are slip joint elbows available in 45s and 90s.
white-everbilt-drains-drain-parts-c9665-c3_145.jpg
white-everbilt-drains-drain-parts-c9665-64_145.jpg

You use a short piece of 1.5 inch tube into the trap adapter. To that, add the the slip joint elbow, which then accepts your trap tailpiece.

Alternatively, get a metal or plastic slip joint double off-set and cut it. Stick the cut end into the trap adapter instead of the current white pipe.

046224052555.jpg
index.php

If the trap adapter has not yet been glued, that offers a different option.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks