Dishwasher water line

Users who are viewing this thread

JJL Jr

Reaction score
I'm going to replace my dishwasher. Trying to decide what to do about the current copper water line which is soldered to the shutoff in the basement. Obviously, the easiest thing to do is to just replace the shutoff and use a braided line; however, the shut off is in a tough spot. Could I: 1) just connect a braided line to the current copper water line, or 2) connect a dual shut off on the hot water pipe to the sink which is just left of the dishwasher and just leave the copper.

Attachments

• IMG_6039(1).jpg
    IMG_6039(1).jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_6030(1).jpg
    IMG_6030(1).jpg
    64 KB · Views: 41

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Im good with braided lines but it cant go through walls or floors to my knowledge through a cabinet is typical though.

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
Dual shutoff under the sink, then drill hole in base cabinet and run braided flex.
The entire installation is messed up because looks like flooring was put down blocking easy pull out of DW. Remedy is to get the DW out, put strips to accomodate the feet for smooth in and out in the future.

JJL Jr

Reaction score
Dual shutoff under the sink, then drill hole in base cabinet and run braided flex.
The entire installation is messed up because looks like flooring was put down blocking easy pull out of DW. Remedy is to get the DW out, put strips to accomodate the feet for smooth in and out in the future.
That's what I thought. Fortunately, there's already a hole in the cabinet where the drain hose runs through. Thanks.

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
The valve that is existing is a globe type that has a washer so it is not considered a positive shut off but it is for throttling and offers lots of restriction.

Get rid of it

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks