Delta Mix Valve Tub Spout drop question

Users who are viewing this thread

Wackerfire

Reaction score
The manual for the delta mixing valve states you can have an 8-18” straight drop with a single 90* turn. My question is that I was hoping to have an offset valve handle for aesthetic reasons but I wouldn’t want an offset tub spout (or shower head). Does anyone know if it would be acceptable to come off the tub outlet with an almost immediate 90 to bring the pipe to center and then have a 90 to drop no more than 18”? In terms of head pressure I would think it’s the same but I’m not entirely clear I’m thinking through this correctly. Thanks in advance!

Reach4

Reaction score
Don't do that if it is a diverter spout.

If the spout is a diverter spout, you could put a tee at the spout, and supply the showerhead via that tee. The path to that tee from the valve can be long and bendy.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Maybe a 45 to angle over to the tub spout. Any restrictions to the spout piping with a diverter tub spout and it can push water to the shower head while running the tub.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks