Delta 17T series diverter valve to supply tub spout?

Users who are viewing this thread

jfilo

Reaction score
I would like to use a Delta TETRA TempAssure 17T Series Integrated Diverter Trim With 6-Settings to supply a
rain shower head, hand held shower and non diverter tub spout. The specs say this valve should supply a maximum system flow rate of 7.2 gpm @ 60 psi with R22000 rough in, which is more than most of the Delta shower/tub valves with a tub outlet on the bottom. Any reason I shouldn’t use one of the diverter outlets to supply the non diverter tub spout. If the tub spout output is isolated from the shower heads by the diverter it seems I shouldn’t have any issues but am looking for advice about this. Has anyone done this? Here is the trim/cartridge in question. https://www.deltafaucet.com/bathroom/product/T27T989-PR.html.

Lizzybizz

Reaction score
I’m FAR from an expert but am currently also designing a shower/ tub combo using Delta valves and considered doing something very similar, running a shower head, handheld, and non-diverter tub spout to the R22000. I was cautioned that the tub flow rate would suffer but agree that max number flow rate for the valve you’re considering looks comparable if not better than the tub flow rate on the 10000. One issue to consider is that the integrated diverter is designed to have shared settings, so that as you toggle through to change, your tub spout will turn on. If you want to avoid that, they do offer a replacement cartridge for 3 functions non-shared (RP71718), but from what I’ve read it still clicks in 6 positions so you’ll have some “dead” choices with the diverter. Hope that makes sense, just wanted to raise that issue as it came up for me. I’m still working on how to accomplish what I’m looking to do!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks